Motorsports is an industry few attorneys focus on, but Moretz & Skufca, PLLC, is different. Both Ron Skufca and Zac Moretz have long histories of involvement in the sport. For more than 10 years they have advocated for the legal needs of drivers, teams, tracks and sponsors.
Ron and Zac understand the racing industry.
Ron represents NASCAR cup teams Front Row Motorsports, and Leavine Family Racing, as well as several drivers in the NASCAR series.
Ron Skufca grew up in the pits at race tracks around the southeast when he and his brother lent a hand with a two-car late model team for several years before heading to college. Ron has competed in various forms of motorsports over the years, including SCCA races, motocross and karting.
Zac Moretz graduated from the acclaimed Elf-Winfield School at Circuit Paul Ricard, France, and raced on the SCCA national championship circuit for five years. Zac won the Jim Fitzgerald Award in 1991 and was the Atlanta Region SCCA National Driver of the Year in 1992. He also clerked in the legal department of Charlotte Motor Speedway during law school. Zac continues to race karts from time to time with clients The Pit and Endurance Karting.
A Full Roster Of Legal Services For People In The Racing Business
Moretz & Skufca possesses a superior understanding of motorsports and the challenges drivers and teams face. As attorneys, we:
- Negotiate and draft contracts
- Conduct sponsorship negotiations
- Craft sound licensing agreements for copyrights and trademarks
- Draft strong race shop leases and other critical documents
- Pursue collections of money owed to teams and drivers
- Represent clients in court when litigation is necessary
- Resolve sponsorship deal disputes
- Assist in the formation of corporations and LLCs
- Resolve partnership and shareholders’ agreements
- Advise on asset purchases, including race teams and facilities
- Represent service and product providers
- Assist with leasing, purchasing, building and refinancing of racing shops and facilities
- Assist with financing homes of drivers and team principals
- Assist with general business.
Current clients include high-profile members of the motorsports community, including Front Row Motorsports, Todd Bodine, Kevin Lepage, Carolina Speedway, Roush Racing, David Stremme Racing, Arrington Racing, Race Engines Plus, Sport Dimensions, Competition Management, Pit Entertainment, Endurance Karting and RPM Property Management.
A Degree In Law Is Not Enough
Legal knowledge is not enough by itself to represent our motorsports clients well.
Our offices are conveniently located in Charlotte and Concord, convenient to local racers, teams and tracks. We are a member of the North Carolina Motorsports Association, and our lawyers are actively involved with the latest developments within the industry.